Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

So my medical clinic informed me that they were refusing me

Customer Question

So my medical clinic informed me that they were refusing me service because someone anonymously called them and said that I had said I wanted to harm two of their staff and planned also to destroy their personal property. This is from friend I disowned and is lashing out. She also wrote texts and a letter to my boyfriend labeling me maliciously. What can I do? I live in a very small town and this is extremely damaging to my health and reputation.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. The main thing you can do - - if you know who has done this - - would be to file suit against the person for defamation based on the intentional false statements that have been made in an attempt to harm your character/reputation. You can also seek damages and a permanent injunction to stop any future defamation.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
That's the best way to address this person spreading rumors about you and representing them as the truth. Also, it could be possible to file criminal charges against the person if she harasses you personally.