Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been charged with "Assaulting, resisting, or impeding

Customer Question

I have been charged with "Assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers or employees." (of The U.S. Postal Service and ticketed for $75.00 Dollars)
On 11 June, 2015 I entered my mail room while a 280 lb. female mailperson was placing mail in individual boxes. I had never seen this individual before. However, I had requested previously (by leaving a note in my box) a courtesy of her. I asked her to ring my buzzer if I had certified mail delivery. She has repeatedly ignored this simple request. By doing so I am required to walk to 34th & Lexington Avenue to recoup my mail. I am 73 years old, retired and in poor health. I weigh 145 lbs.
I asked her (in a totally non-confrontational and curtious manner) to hand me my mail. She ignored my presance, my request and slammed the door to the bank of boxes containing my mail. She then slowly opened the next bank of boxes and instructed me to stop interfereing with her work. After, what seemed to me, a suitable period of time, watching her efficiency come to almost a halt, I lost my patience. I tried to push her out of the way to get to my mailbox. I might as well have attempted to overturn a Mack truck in my path. My wife restrained me from a physical confrontation with this massive pile of raging female flesh! I retreated to my apartment and awaited the arrival of the police while this raging bovine screamed of my imminent arrest.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
So that I can best help you, what is your question?