CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

What type of lawyer do I need to hire to file a complaint with a Director & State Corr

Customer Question

What type of lawyer do I need to hire to file a complaint with a Director & State Correction manager of a half way house, that is holding my brother's VA pension checks? I have called and faxed them and they have been smart with me and called me names and now they want even call me back. They had his checks since March, 2015.
Thanks,
Mrs. Gipson
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
Either a civil litigation attorney, or a criminal defense attorney with a joint practice in civil rights litigation, would be appropriate to this situation.
However, short of hiring a lawyer, you can try contacting the Kentucky ACLU (http://www.aclu-ky.org/) for assistance and referrals with this issue (the ACLU specializes in civil rights matters for inmates and wards of the state, and if they are unable to help you, they will be able to give you very good referals to specific practitioners local to your brother).
You can find local attorneys using the State Bar Association directory: , or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).