Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Jurisdiction: Oklahoma Law: Debt Case: Customer's and

Customer Question

Jurisdiction: Oklahoma Law: Debt Case: Customer's and Vendors place of business is in different Counties. Invoices have on all invoices "Shipped to" the Customer's place of business. Vendor delivers some items to Customer; however, many times Customer picks products up at Vendor Location. What county should case be filed?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
The best, most "convenient" county to file this in would be in the county of the DEFENDANT's place of business.
While argument exists to file in Plaintiffs, or even in county where the delivery's were skewed, it is best to file in Defendant's county to avoid any argument of forum non conveniens and other things by Defendant to slow down the suit.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.