Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

In process of selling healthcare (psychology) group practice.

Customer Question

In process of selling healthcare (psychology) group practice. Is there advantage to us to buyer getting a new group provider number vs us transferring our current number to buyer?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating which does NOT cost you anything, but that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us credit for assisting customers Fair enough ?
ANSWER -
Thank you for your reply,
In Answer to your question, I am of the opinion that it would be in your best professional interests to have the buyer(s) of your practice obtain their own group provider number. So many clerical mistakes are made because people just do not pay attention to what their job is anymore. If there is even the slightest possibility of anyone confusing your practice with the group to whom you sold your practice, I would seek to eliminate that possibility. I do not see any benefit to you to transfer your provider number to the group that is buying your practice, so if I were in your position, I would keep the transaction as simple as possible and have the purchasers obtain their own group provider number. You will be eliminating any possibility of confusion in the future and the transfer will allow for one less area where something could go wrong,
__________________________________________________
Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that the website will give me credit for assisting you.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated,
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA