Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I AM A UNION REP, I FILED A COMPLAINT AGAINST MY LOCAL PRESIDENT,

Customer Question

i AM A UNION REP, I FILED A COMPLAINT AGAINST MY LOCAL PRESIDENT, WHEN I SPOKE TO THE INVESTIGATOR SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE LEAD ME TO BELIEVE THAT SHE WAS GOING TO HELP ME, SHE ASKED ME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE LOCAL PRESIDENT, AND I OPENED UP AND TOLD HER ALL THAT HE HAD PUT ME THROUGH, DEFIMATION, DISCRIMNATION, BLACKLISTING ME REFUSING TO PAY ME, RETALIATION, LONG STORY SHORT, I GOT AN EMAIL FROM HER TODAY AND SHE BASCIALLY TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS REALLY THERE TO HELP THE LOCAL PRESIDENT ALL ALONG. THERE IS SO MUCH MORE, BUT IT WOULD TAKE TO LONG...WHAT CANI DO?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FOR YEARS THE PRES HAS BEEN DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME, THE VP TELLS PEOPLE THAT I AM AN ANGRY BITTER CRAZY BLACK WOMEN, THEY OWE ME 32HOURS OF PAY SINCE 10/14, THEY REFUSED TO PAY ME, I REQUESTED A 1099, AND BECAUSE I REFUSED TO BE PAID ANY OTHER WAY AFTER WAITING 8 MONTHS, I FILED A CLAIM IN COURT, THEY TO THE MEMBERSHIP, THAT I PLANNED THE WHOLE THING SO THAT I COULD TAKE THEM TO COURT, AS A RESULT THEY REFUSED TO ALLOCATE ME ANY OFFICIAL TIME( I AM AN ONSITE REP, AND A 2ND VP) EVERYONE THAT I HAVE GONE TO ***** REFUSES TO HELP ME, ITS LIKE THEY ARE ALL ON THE LOCAL PRESIDENTS SIDE. SPOKE TO AN AFGE ATTORNEY AND WAS TOLD THAT HE DID NOT HANDLE THAT TYPED OF THING.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THEY HAVE WORKED WITH MY MANAGERS TO UNDERMINE ME IN MY SHOP, I AM OMITTED FROM EMAILS, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE... I'AM AT THE END OF MY ROPE. FOR MY RESOLVE I WANT EVERY LAST DIME OF MY UNION DUES BACK!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are being discriminated against based on your race or because they believe you have a disability, then you need to file your complaint with the EEOC regarding discrimination. Also, if the union is not properly representing you and has violated their contract with you, then you have the right to file an unfair labor practices for breach of contract against them with the labor board and you would use a local labor law attorney for that type of complaint.
You can actually file both complaints at the same time, the discrimination complaint against the employer with the EEOC and the unfair labor practice against the union.