Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

My daughters grandfather bought her a car graduation

Customer Question

my daughters grandfather bought her a car for a graduation present. can he take the car back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? Was the car titled in the daughter's name? And, on what grounds is the grandfather trying to take the car back? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was 17 when it the car was purchased. He became angry with her and decided he wants it back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. If the title is in daughter's name, then he has no right to revoke the gift at this time. Once the gift was made, it's a completed gift once the car was titled in her name and delivered to her. At that point, it became daughter's car. The fact that he later had a change of heart for some reason is not relevant. He has no right now to take back what he no longer owns. He can be as mad as he wants, but he has no legal right to retract the gift that was made.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!