Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a trial set 24, 2015 in Los Angeles,

Customer Question

I have a trial set for June 24, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. Respondent has replied to my RFO and I am preparing a reply to her response. My calculations are that I have until 06/17 to file my reply and personally serve Respondent's counsel. 5 court
days starting with the 06/24 (day 0) - 5 court days is 06/17. But does 06/17 count as an extra day since I am filing that day. In which case my deadline would be 06/16?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It has to be served by the 5th day. The day it is due, 6/17, is counted as a day and it must be submitted and served by close of business on that day