Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a court arrest warrant issued individual who

Customer Question

I have a court arrest warrant issued for an individual who did not show u7p for a mandatory court hearing. I won a court award 1/20/15 for #3500. The individual has not paid a thing nor do they intend to pay a thing,,how do I enfoce thge court order for his arrest
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you know where the defendant is located? Have you notified the sheriff when you know where the person is and given the sheriff a copy of the arrest warrant so they know it is valid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes he is located at sedona sunset drive las vegas nv...I have not contacted the sherriff's office yet is that my first step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are u there
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delay, but we are working with multiple customers at the same time and all of them deserve the same consideration you do.
If he is in NV and you have an Arizona arrest warrant, that could be an issue, because the AZ court has to agree that they will pay for extradition on the warrant or that they will extradite him.
If the AZ court will not extradite, then you must go to the court in NV and file a petition to recognize foreign judgment and file your AZ court judgment there. Then you can get the NV Court to enforce your judgment from the AZ court.