Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I received a letter from an attorney representing a credit

Customer Question

I received a letter from an attorney representing a credit card company threatening to obtain a second judgement if I do not dispute the charges in writing. Is it possible to dispute the charges once a judgement has already been made? The last payment I made on the account was in 2003. However, they are reporting a much later date, which as I recall is off by several years. This company also tried to tell my parents they were going to be held responsible for the debit because I initially had put my mother down as a secondary card holder, but she never used it and I ended up changing it into my sons name who was a minor at the time. When I didnt pay it off after becoming disabeled they called my parents and told them if they didnt pay it off they would report them to the credit reporting agencies. I told my parents not to believe them because my mom never even had possession of the card and I could have asked for a card in my cats name and they would have given me one. Later when my son did turn eighteen it was on his credit according to him. Can they do any of that and can I dispute it at this point?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What state are you in? When did they get the judgment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ca

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

And when did they get the judgment?