Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Need to know our legal liability 1099 workers...operating

Customer Question

Need to know our legal liability for our 1099 workers...operating in various states..performing various in home installations and services..
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

What you are requesting is extremely complicated. Different states are more or less strict on the issue of 1099 workers (legal termed, "independent contractors").

I can help you figure out your liability in various jurisdictions, but it would be quite costly to do so, because, I would have to research the law of each state jurisdiction in which you operate, and compare it to the exact nature of the services and contracts that you have agreed to with your workers.

If that's something that you are interested in doing, I will send you an additional services offer, and we can discuss it offline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi..

it would be good to understand the approximate cost.. and perhaps explain in a bit more detail our business structure..

I cannot negotiate price or terms in this forum. If you want to discuss the issue further, please accept the additional services offer.