Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Sorry I should've followed up sooner. They are saying they

Customer Question

Sorry I should've followed up sooner. They are saying they did all they were supposed to do, even sent me the rental policy. It all smells fishy. Especially, since the auction house was supposed to sell off my car a while ago and it's still sitting there:
https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=0&itemID=18905931&RowNumber=15&loadRecent=True Thoughts?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked a while ago about how my insurance company said they didn't owe me any more than about $500 in rental fees despite the fact there was nothing but an added rental reimbursement amendment handed to me AFTER the fact. I was not clearly communicated with. The DMV is threatening to suspend my license because they think I have a car I don't have insurance on but that was the car that was totaled that I needed the rental for. Basically this whole case has been mishandled and I'm wondering what recourse I have. The amendment I sent you was added so you could see if they were right to say "we gave you all the information" when I feel they didn't.
Thank you for your reply.
If there was no maximum on rental fees in the contract of insurance, then they owe you whatever the contract specifies up to the whole amount.
If you provide proof your car was totaled to DMV, then they will not suspend your license and you did not need to keep insurance on it once it was totaled. You need to just provide proof to DMV that it was totaled.