Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son in laws mother was on a Puerto Rico cruise (we are all

Customer Question

My son in laws mother was on a Puerto Rico cruise (we are all from CA) and had a stroke and then a heart attack on boat took hours on end to get her back to port. Now my son in law and her sister and the husband all in a poverty ridden hospital with only one Dr and she is in a hallway, not even a room. My son says she gone. Not possible but I believe they said she is brain dead. They are having alot of problems over their and just want to get her back here. He wanted me to find the a medical lawyer or something. they want her to stay there a week. They said conditions are terrible and need her out I told him to call embassy of puerto rico. think number is ***** Dont even know if thats right. Can anyone help him. He needs help bad
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that this is something that is well beyond the scope of what we can perform I am sorry to say. You would need to find an attorney in Puerto Rico and the only place to do that would be the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com and finding one that will answer on a Saturday evening is going to be tough. I am very sorry, but this is just way outside what we have the ability to do. I am very sorry to hear that they are having to go through this situation and that we cannot really provide any information to assist you other than what you have regarding the US Consulate/State Department office number there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That really sucks no one can help them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The websites you gave me are no good. I clicked on the links and they say webpage unavailable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nevermind figured out your links
I am so very sorry about the situation you are in. I really wish it was something within the scope of what we could do for you, but it just is not. Again, I truly am sorry this is beyond what we can do anything with.