Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I would like the name and address registered agent of Direct T

Customer Question

I would like the name and address for the registered agent of Direct T.V. for Michigan so, I can file a claim in District Court Small Claims Division. The claim arises out of an event which occurred 5 years ago while I was living in Louisiana and I am now a resident of Michigan and Direct T.V. dose business in Michigan where there collection agent posted negative data on my credit record . I also want to confirm the Michigan Court has jurisdiction.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will provide you the information in this regardYou may find the information at this link Resident Agent: DANIEL F BUDAYRegistered Office Address: 12705 US 31 N STE A CHARLEVOIX MI 49720Mailing Address: P.O. Box 596 CHARLEVOIX MI 49720Please let me know if you have other questions or need clarification. If not, please give a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time in providing the true and correct information. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your response is not the answer to my question. You provided me with the name and address of a franchise owner. I want the name and address of the Direct T.V. registered agent for Michigan who is eligible to accept service of process in Michigan for the national Direct T,V, entity.
I also asked a question about jurisdiction and venue.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thank you. You are correct. The Corporate Name is DIRECTV and here is what the Sec of State website has
Entity Name: DIRECTV, INC.
Type of Entity: Foreign Profit Corporation
Resident Agent: CSC-LAWYERS INCORPORATING SERVICE (COMPANY)
Registered Office Address:***** EAST LANSING MI 48823
Mailing Address:
Formed Under Act Number(s):
Incorporation/Qualification Date: 6-19-1995
Jurisdiction of Origin: CALIFORNIA
Number of Shares: 1,000
Year of Most Recent Annual Report: 10
Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors: 10
Status: MERGER Date: 4-16-2012
The Link is
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/rs_corp.asp?s_button=sname&v_search=DIRECTV&hiddenField=&search=Search
Thank you for clarifying this and your patience in this regard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the venue and jurisdiction part of m question for District Court.?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
That will depend on the amount you are suing for.
Small claims has a cap of $5000. So if you are going over that you need to go to the next level.
Michigan has the jurisdiction because that is where the claim arose. Thus, the reason for a Registered Agent. As that is who you serve.
I apologize that I did not provide that information originally.
Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer I am looking for is a simple one. i.e. (A) Yes the Michigan court has jurisdiction and it would also be a proper venue because you reside in Michigan and Direct T.V. has sufficient presence and nexus. Location of event that gave rise to the COA would not be an issue. Keep in mind each court has other qualifying limitations such as $ amounts in controversy.OR,( B) No the Michigan court would not have jurisdiction because: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No the Michigan would not have venue because:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you.I tried to be clear. The answer is (A)If you would like me to opt out and allow another professional to continue working with you, I can do that. Your deposit will remain in tact with No Rating to me.Let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In one of your correspondence you stated "Michigan has the jurisdiction because that is where the claim arose" I clearly stated in my question that the events that have given rise to this COA occurred 5 years ago in Louisiana. I really do not know what to believe. Things went bad from the beginning when you gave the name of an organization in Northern Michigan. I am sorry but, I have lost confidence I prefer to part company and seek face to face legal counsel. This system has not worked at all for me !! Please withdraw my question and do not debit my credit card. Best regards, Robert
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thank you Robert. Yes, the written word sometimes becomes convoluted.
In my defense, I originally searched the name you provided.
I then realized you wanted DirecTV
However, I understand you frustration and I will opt out
Best to you. Again, do not Rate and your deposit will remain in tact
Good luck with everything
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
I would like to try to assist you, but I may need a bit more information about the event that occurred 5 years ago and the nature of your claim.
So for example, we need to be concerned about potential statute of limitations regarding the initial event.
Also you indicated that their collection agent posted negative data on your credit report. That may have some bearing on your issues and what you may need to do. For example, you may have a claim under the Fair Credit Reporting Act or the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act for the posting of bad credit information, even if there is some bar to the original issue.
My point here at this time is that your situation may be slightly more complex than you think.
If you are willing to provide me a bit more information I will try to be as responsive as I can.
Can you tell me about the original event, what your claims are about that event?
Also can you tell me about what you have received regarding collection efforts form the collection agent? What is the status of any claimed debt? Also do you know whether the collection agent is working for DirectTv or perhaps has purchased a debt?
I appreciate your patience and assistance so that I may better serve you.
Kind regards,
Gerald
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Hello again,
Also this service has an "additional services" feature that allows for a live phone call. It is an additional charge, but it may help us better communicate. If that is something you would be interested in let me know and I can set it up.
I will keep the additional charge minimal.
Kind regards,
Gerald