Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am looking pro bono lawyer to help me fight the City

Customer Question

I am looking for a pro bono lawyer to help me fight the City of Florissant (MO) about their BSL on Pits. My 15 month old puppy may be a pit. I am in the process of a DNA test. I have to get rid of her by July 1. She is neutered, chipped, puppy class and good canine citizenship. Crate trained. Loves all people, other dogs, and cats (I have 2). Walks well on leash and rides well in cars. Have presented several articles to the Council regarding BSL being illegal, to no avail. Don't get a reply from the Council, only private conversations with the Mayor. Letter from St. Louis county Director didn't help. St. Louis county is against the BSL and told council I should not have to get rid of my puppy. Only pit bites are in the newspaper. Most bits and viscous have been labs. What can I do?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am sorry that the state laws forbid anyone from this site from representing any customer of this site. Here are a list of attorneys in the area who handle animal rights cases: https://www.justia.com/lawyers/animal-dog-law/missouri/florissant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with my answer. I have already search internet for lawyers and that was the answer from your lawyer. Please do not charge my credit card.
Thank you for your reply. I think you may misunderstand, it is not that I cannot answer, it is that nobody from this site can represent you pro bono or otherwise as it is prohibited by state law. You have to call your state bar association if you want the pro bono attorneys in your area who can assist.
You are entitled to a refund of your deposit since your request to us was something that would violate state law and the terms of this service.
As the experts are not employees of this site we cannot process the refund for you, but you can get one by contacting customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help and they will gladly issue the deposit refund.