Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My 23 year old daughter is creating porn via, Web Cam, no sure how, but she is paid by the

Customer Question

My 23 year old daughter is creating porn via, Web Cam, no sure how, but she is paid by the company that her website is housed. She also will send additional items like pictures, videos and personal items for money via Amazon gift cards. My 6 year old granddaughter is home when her mom is doing this. Is there something I can legally to protect my granddaughter? I feel she is placing her daughter in danger because these people have her home address. I'm sure she isn't claiming this income for taxes. There has to be some type of law against what she is doing
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
It's probably not illegal as far as being against any criminal or civil laws, other than being illegal not to pay taxes.
However, it would likely be "not in the best interests of the child" if the mother is doing this while the child is at home.
It's possible, but not likely, that people have her home address because most of the articles I've read on this have people using fake names and the websites prohibit them from revealing their real information so they aren't caught up in any allegations of prostitution.
Also, "porn" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. If the mother locks herself in her room at night when the child is asleep and does nude modeling on the webcam to earn a living then that would be considerably different than if she engages in sex with other people on the webcam while the child is awake and wandering the house.
Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.