LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Am I legal responsible person who was cleaning my house

Customer Question

Am I legal responsible for a person who was cleaning my house and then I rented her a room then shortly there after she was sent jail for 4 years...we were friends and lovers? I have been helping her with some money and food. Can I move her out?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, she lives there now? How long has she been there for and what State are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her things have been here for about 10 months...she was only here for a couple of weeks then to jail. Texas
Thank you for the additional information. At this point, if she is in jail for four years, you would not be expected to simply keep her room for her. However, if she has some personal belongings in there and you want them out so you can rent the room to someone else or use it for your own personal reasons, you can box her things up and store them for her. If you do not have the room or want to, then you need to send her notice, advising that she needs to make arrangements for someone to pick up these items or else they will be disposed of. You do not just want to throw them away or give them away but you do need to allow her some time to get someone to pick them up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...this is a one time thing, will I be cahrged?
You are welcome. Once you rate my help I can get credit. You will only be charged the initial agreed upon fee. Thank you again
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!