Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Trust / estate We live in Dayton Montgomery County

Customer Question

Hello
Trust / estate
We live in Dayton Montgomery County Ohio. And have been involved in a estate case (2011 CV 03520 & CA 025938). Our Judge stated he had no experience with estate's. His rulings were all over turned by the Second District Appeals Court.
( this case created new law http://www.vorys.com/newsletter-298.html )
Then the defendants Attorney appealed that ruling to the Ohio Supeme Court ( 2014-1439 ) and in Jan they deniclined jurisdiction.
Now we are waiting for the court to set a conferance call. And nothing has been done.
We have written the Clerk and he said the court is aware of the case and told us to contact our attorney. And he has heard nothing.
We have won this case hands down...... What should we do?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
I would make sure your lawyer has contacted the clerk here again.They cannot talk to you because you are represented by counsel.
You should be entitled here to lawyer fees here for every successful appeal and costs as well.I do think this will get resolved it appears the clerk is well aware of it and the lawyer here should write and contact by phone to try and get a conference call set.
I know you are close here and it is frustrating for you.You depend on your lawyer here to not drop the ball and keep this moving to the degree possible.Make sure your lawyer contacts them again by phone and in writing asking for a conference call maybe he can get this going again.
I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this.You deserve some justice.Hopefully your lawyer can get this moving and resolved, it appears you are pretty close here to recovery.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.