How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A resident of Louisiana (validated name, address and phone

Customer Question

A resident of Louisiana (validated name, address and phone number link through Spokeo)
recently left many text and voice messages that are grossly obscene in nature and more serious, threatening and/or promise to "Kill Me" which I've documented. Outside of notifying my local Police Dept.( located in Atlanta, GA) and filing a restraining order, what possible legal charges could be filed against the resident of Louisiana if I were to hire/retain an Attorney?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Those are the two legal recourses you would have available. If you have already done these two things, you are going to have taken the appropriate measures. You will also want to contact your phone carrier to have that number blocked, and will want to make a phone log of anytime you are contacted by this person (you don't have to stay on the phone, just hang up, but record when they call).