CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My son was thrown out of summer camp half way through the first

Customer Question

My son was thrown out of summer camp half way through the first day. The stated reason was that he is autistic. Isn't that a violation of ada title 3? Can I sue for damages?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
I am very sorry to learn of this situation.
Possibly. It really depends on the specifics of the matter, and whether the camp was able to make "reasonable accommodations" to meet your son's needs - not every disability can be accommodated in every situation.
If you wish to pursue the matter, I would recommend contacting a disability law attorney and they can review the matter and your son's specific situation with you in more detail. Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).
You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).