How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife received a "Continuing writ of garnishment against

Customer Question

My wife received a "Continuing writ of garnishment against salary and wages" letter, the problem is that my wife have the same name of the person that they are looking for, and when they did the research they didn't check the SSN, I contacted the lawyer and he said that we needed to submit a letter to them explaining the situation. I don't know what to do I'm afraid that if I write something they can take it against us.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I am sorry to hear that you find yourself in this situation. If I may ask, what are you afraid that they can take from you, exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know how to write the letter that they are asking me to send them, that is my concern.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
All you need to do in this letter is to state that you and your spouse are not the properly named parties for the debt, that the debt is not against you as the social security information is likewise incorrect, and you request that this garnishment writ be removed from your accounts. That is all the courts are looking to see--that you are stating that you are not the persons named under the writ, and that there is evidence pointing to your claim, specifically that the social security information is not correct. The judge, at worst, would deny the letter, but he cannot take more or punish you directly.
Dimitry, Esq.