How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40000
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm been sued small claims court ..should I get a attorney.

Customer Question

I'm been sued small claims court for 300..should I get a attorney. What does it cost for filing
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
You can represent yourself here.A lawyer is not required for small claims and honestly the legal fees are more than you have been sued for.
File your answer here with the court, gather any evidence you have to refute here or witnesses and go to court and present your side.
You also have the option here once answer is filed to resolve it , maybe split the difference see if other party would do that or take your chances with the judge here.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Here are the rules for small claims, they are pretty simple.It does not cost anything to file your answer using the forms above.$FILE/Small%20Claims.pdf
Thanks again and good luck here.