Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm 59, and have SSDI has my sole source of income. I was a

Customer Question

I'm 59, and have SSDI has my sole source of income. I was a public school teacher for 24 years. I have been living in an assistive living facility for 3 years. I qualify for Medicare not Medicaid. I have had financial assistance from my family to cover the majority of the cost. I have paid a small percentage of the monthly fees. My family can no longer pay any part of the bill. I just found out that I will be going to a nursing home in a few hours. I am my own power of attorney. Can they legally take over my finances without my consent or legal representation?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Who is they?
And why would they do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They being the assistive care facility & because of the bill owed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not told personally. A staff member was expressing how much I would be missed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I should of been told about this sooner, so could be prepared and ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do not offer telephone consultation. So, I am going to opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be leaving this facility to move to a nursing home sometime tomorrow. A quick response is imperative. I personally was told about this two hours ago. The staff member did not realize I had no knowledge of this. Nor, did I let him know of my ignorance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot wait 24 hours. I need answers ASAP!!!!!