Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My significant other lives with me. He pays no household expenses,

Customer Question

My significant other lives with me. He pays no household expenses, just takes us out to dinner most nights and sometimes breakfast and lunch. I purchase all household items plus the mortgage, condo fees, and utilities. If we break up, could he ask me for any financial assistance and receive it legally. I am 71 and on a fixed income and he is 63 and is getting his social security. He assigns umpires and sometimes umpires games. He has been living with me for 3 years and 6 months.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Just to be clear, you are simply dating this man and live together?
Hi. Wanted to see if you had a chance to respond? Thank you.