Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My name is ***** ***** thinking about sending this letter to

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** thinking about sending this letter to corporate and then fighting it my question is do you think I have a case to do this. here is the letter i'm gonna send
would like to recant my statement that was made on Monday June 8, 2015. I have thought about everything that went on prior to the phone call and would like to add to my earlier statement
On Sunday I was Opening manager my schedule was 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, and my cashier was Mariana from 8:30 AM t0 1:00 PM, Sam the store manager was scheduled at 11:00 AM but told me Saturday that she would be here by 1:00 PM, then I would cashier from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM. Melanie was schedule to come in at 4:00PM. 12:50 PM Melanie came in and said sam called her this morning and asked her to come in at 1:00 PM as she wasn’t feeling well due to a hang over the night before. So when 4:00Pm came I asked Melanie if sam was coming in if she talked to her, she said no she hasn’t, I’m thinking she called her and no answer (I’m not sure) so 4:15 PM the phone rang and melanie answered it and it was sam saying she wasn’t coming in and we needed to find a cashier that could. So Melanie started calling all the cashiers did not answer or had plans then we got a hold of Daniel and he said he would. The time he got to work I want to say is was 5 PM now I’m on overtime which I have a write up on already so I pull my till and me and Daniel go to the office so I can cash out and he take over my till to go on. So I take out the cash I’m suppose to and go to count my till to make sure it is 75.00 . So Daniel can have my till I start with my change and when I got to roll of coins 2 rolls of penny’s and 1 roll of quarters I noticed one of the penny rolls is weighing up as 5.00 so recounted my till again and the same thing so I call assistant manager Melanie into office to show her she seen it weighed 5.00 so I suggest we weigh all the other penny rolls in the safe they all weighed .50 so I emptied the roll of penny in the cup to weigh it and it said .50 so now im 4.50 short but it was 4.00 so I took out a five dollar bill out of my pocket because im already on overtime and been written up for it before, and needed to get off the clock.
I feel like Sam should of called 1 hour prior and not 15 min after she was scheduled to be here then saying we needed to find a cashier she left us in a position and I just couldn’t understand why that penny roll weighed 5.00 I have worked for dollartree next month will be 7 years and I love my job I feel I’m not the only one in the wrong here.
The second thing as far as putting money in my till yes I have let me explain a lil boy buys a toy he only has a 1.06 yes I have put 2 penny’s of my own money to cover the 2 penny’s he was short but not for being short. My manager sam, also told me she has done it. When you asked if I ever seen a employee consume something and not pay for it. no I said well on Monday the same day I got suspended before our telephone call to me my store manager brought up a frozen burrito to my register so I did associate purchase she paid for it go to sign the receipt and she said to me don’t bother signing it or taping it to the burrito because it was going back in freezer cause she had consumed it already so wouldn’t that be the same thing . had incident last week I was cashiering while the cashier was on lunch the customer I was ringing up had a lot of stuff my line was backing up the man that was next had a toy and tell me here is 5.00 dollars I’m in a hurry and u keep the change I said sir I can’t do that. He said call the cops and leaves the store. The next customer says I will take it I told her I needed to ring up that toy and the remaining 3.92 they can have toward their purchase I didn’t know if that was the correct way to go about this but I did what I thought was best at that time . I know after talking with Christine that putting in my own money is wrong or putting in pennys for someone that doesn’t have the full amount and it will never happen again. I hope you will look into the whole picture. I don’t steal or take all I have is my good name . Another time I came onto my shift and lena was working, we were counting the safe she said the safe was off 50 cents from the night before when sam closed so when it was time for me to close I called sam and asked her how to enter it she said to take it from my shift to make me short 50 cents so it would balance, and to not worry about it I told her wont it make me look bad she said for me not to worry about it I put it down on my cash out sheet that she told me to do that. I just got a call from sam the manager and this is how she tells me im no longer working for the dollartree she says " you need to come here so I can pay you off" I couldn't believe that's how a store manager would tell someone they were no longer working for the company, day of my suspension when I g
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me when exactly your day of termination was - how long ago?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.