LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

What legenth of time can a florida residential home lease be

Customer Question

what legenth of time can a florida residential home lease be for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. When you say length of time, do you mean the actual lease agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Thank you. You can have a written lease agreement for up to 2 years. Then, if the parties wanted to, they could add in a clause which allows for automatic renewal unless _______ days notice is given by either party not to go forward, as well as reference any rate increase, which the landlord demands, so they are not locked into a specific rent, for the entire time.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe you are wrong about the two year. It is my understanding according to Florida real estate lawyer that a residential lease can only be for one year renewable at the end of the year
I respect your opinion. I personally am in a rental agreement, in Florida and I have a 2 year lease with the rent increasing after the first year by a percentage. My parents, as well, with their landlord, have entered into two year leases as well. In this case, if you have doubts, you can also proceed in the manner which you feel the most comfortable with and do a 1 year lease with the option to renew at the end.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!