Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Under Colorado law - what happens if a post offer applicant

Customer Question

Under Colorado law - what happens if a post offer applicant fails the physical exam (position: security officer/high blood pressure) do they have the right to be retested?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I am afraid there is no law that grants a 'right' to be re-tested. Once the applicant fails any part of an exam provided by the employer (be it physical, psychological, criminal background, and so forth), the employer is free to rescind the offer. They may choose to extend the ability to re-test, but this isn't a right, it is simply something that the employer can choose to provide at their own discretion. I do apologize, but there is no inherent right to a re-test.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.