John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

I was on private disability companie since 05. they seen

Customer Question

hi I was on private disability companie since 05. they seen an article about me being a president of a motorcycle club and stopped payments unum insurance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today
What exactly is your question here? Have you received a denial of benefits form or did the benefits just stop coming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi johni do have a denial of benefits letter from unum
they sent me disk of entire
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The next step for you is to appeal the insurer's denial via the company's internal appeal provision, which is contained in your policy. If you do not have a copy of the policy, you'll need to request one asap. You likely have 60 to 90 days to appeal their decision under the policy's terms. Courts hold parties to these deadlines so please do not wait . In this respect I would highly recommend that you get an attorney to represent you even that internal appeal, because you can prejudice yourself ultimately if you have to sue in court. In other words, if the internal appeal is not in your favor, your only recourse is to then file a lawsuit against the company to get your benefits reinstated.
Let me know if this answers your questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who can u recommend in my area? Thanks ron
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ron, your question lists you as being in the United States, where specifically are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New haven ct. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
These attorneys practice exactly in the area you are looking for : http://www.diattorney.com/