RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Can I sue bigamy case with which lawyer to my husband because

Customer Question

Can I sue bigamy case with which lawyer to my husband because he married another woman before legal divorce with me?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
Maryland law, like the laws of most states, prohibits bigamy, which is entering into a marriage while already married to a living person. In Maryland, the bigamy law does not apply if:
a person's previous lawful spouse has been absent from the person for a continuous period of 7 years, and
the person does not know where the person's previous lawful spouse is living at the time of the subsequent marriage ceremony.
In Maryland, bigamy is a felony punishable by imprisonment for up to 9 years. As it is a criminal offense, you don't need to hire a lawyer -the state must decide whether it will prosecute him for such a matter. You would want to contact the prosecutor's office in your county regarding the potential bigamy charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
I don't do phone calls on this site, but I am happy to discuss things further here. Please reply back to me here with any additional questions you have about this matter.