CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I bought a gun from a shop 7 months ago, but I never got it.

Customer Question

I bought a gun from a shop 7 months ago, but I never got it. I have submitted my request for the approval two times & submitted a live scan. However, each time I get a response of "undetermined"... Thed Gun shop owner said that there was a new law in California, that says if the DOJ does not give approval within 30 days, he can give me my gun. That is why I submitted the second request, in 2015. However, now the gun shop owner does not want to give me my gun, anyway... what can I do???
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
If you do not pick up your firearm within 30 days of the DROS report, the dealer must cancel the sale.You will receive a copy of your DROS report directly from the CA DOJ - make sure that the dealer has your correct information when you complete your application.If your DROS report was returned as a negative response, or "undetermined" you need to follow up with the California DOJ (Attorney General) to find out what the issue is with the report and to file an objection - https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/contact