Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

On 10/21/13, I had an injection of cortisone in C4-C5 at a local brain/spine practice. The

Customer Question

On 10/21/13, I had an injection of cortisone in C4-C5 at a local brain/spine practice. The neurosurgeon admittedly hit my spinal cord, which hit with a horrific pain about 40 min after injection. I was taken to a local ER where I my ER Admission Diagnosis was entered as "Back Pain". I was not truly seen, nor was an MRI ordered, for nearly 6 hours. Pain Medication was administered to no avail, but there was very limited staff on this Monday evening, so my Dx was considered "low" in priority. I arrived at approx 5:35 pm and the MRI wasn't done until midnight. I had 2 MRI's due to a surgical team monitoring the MRI downtown Indy at the main hospital, after which they determined there was a hemotoma on my spinal cord. I was rushed by ambulance to the neurosurgical team downtown and during surgery they found 3 hemotomas. A lamenectomy was performed in order to reach the bottom 2 hemotomas, and titatium rods inserted. I was partially paralyzed on the left side and continue to have issues.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?