How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25852
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is working in another country and we wants to stop paying

Customer Question

My son is working in another country and we wants to stop paying on his car he has in California. What can happen after they auction the car and there is a balance due. He does not plan on moving back to the stated anytime soon.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If they auction the car off and there is a deficiency, then they can go after him and file suit. If he is out of the country, they may have a hard time serving him, so would likely ask the Judge if they could publish on him, to proceed and obtain a judgment. However, the ability to enforce the judgment may be low, since if his bank account will be out of the country, they may not be able to go after him or his assets, since he lives else where. This would be on his credit and could effect it. In a situation like this, he should try and sell it and put in the difference of what is owed, so he does not have this on his record and have to deal with it, when he returns to the States.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!