Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was charged with criminal trespassing on marital property

Customer Question

I was charged with criminal trespassing on marital property was given consent by husband to enter no malaise occured cops were called but I refused to leave because I assisted in purchasing the home and was only attempting to have a conversation with my husband we have lived apart to assist with putting our kids through college
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry if this dilemma. Can you provide some context? Was there a court order preventing you from being on this property? What was the basis of the trespassing charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at the time a restraining order was issued after the fact I was essentially set up so my husband could get an upper hand with a divorce which was also filed after the fact
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So how is it trespassing if you were a property owner?