Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

A couple weeks ago a woman working through Doors decided

Customer Question

A couple weeks ago a woman working for me through Doors decided to take me fully medicated on a trip to Galesberg to buy crack I was not aware as I was out it due strong meds a cop followed into town she hide the crack in her and put the pipes in my purse I was arrested she wasn't in court they dropped my charges but I live in high rise apartment and have for 10 years and even though my charges were dropped they still want to evict me my building is owned by HUD
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under HUD rules, they still will require a conviction to remove a tenant. Mere arrest is not sufficient to say that someone violated the rules. HUD will want proof of the circumstances from you and the fact that the other individual did this would be a basis for HUD to not evict you at this point. You are able to get yourself a free attorney or low cost attorney for this through the local legal aid office to represent you with HUD to prevent them from evicting you and you should do so.