Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My dog was racing with a greyhound in the dog park tonight.

Customer Question

My dog was racing with a greyhound in the dog park tonight. She is 10 years old, so that's pretty ambitious. I have been repeatedly told how good my dog gets along with other dogs when I have boarded her at various facilities. A woman approached me with her greyhound. He had a good size tear in his skin like 3 inches x 2 inches. It wasn't bleeding. The dog wasn't in distress. She said that my dog bit her dog and caused this tear. His skin looked like it had just peeled off-like there was no underlying dermis. My dog has NEVER bit another dog. Just playful nips. She wants me to pick up the vet bill. Please advise. Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest if she wants to hold you and your dog accountable she better have some good proof. Was your dog ever near her dog? Is this the dog that was also racing?If she sues you, you can have a veterinarian of your choice look at the wound and tell how old it is and also be able to track any vet records to show when she had taken the dog to the vet for that injury, etc.