Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Can a parent that has a medical marijuana card legally smoke

Customer Question

can a parent that has a medical marijuana card legally smoke pot while kids under 18 are present in the house in the state of Oregon
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
No. It is considered child endangerment / abuse to possess or use any type of illegal drugs, including medically prescribed marijuana, while minor children are present and if reported, the state Child Protective Agency would conduct an investigation and can take action against parents which can range from court ordered drug counseling to loss of parental rights.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!