Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I would like to marry a foreign lady, what is the easiest and

Customer Question

I would like to marry a foreign lady, what is the easiest and faster way
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Are you planning on residing in the US with her after you are married? Is your fiancee someone you have met in person and dated on real time within the last two years, or is she someone whom, so far, you have only been communicating with electronically, such as over the computer, web cam, skype, phone, text?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping to hear from you first.
There are visas that would allow you to bring over either a wife or a fiancee, but you would have to have an actual relationship and not just an internet romance. That's why I asked if you'd met her during the last two years and could prove that.
If you're eligible, you could bring her over as a fiancée or a wife. Neither is quick.
Start to finish, a K-1 fiancé visa would take about 6 to 9 months to obtain. It would cost you about $700 to sponsor her as your fiancee. You'd need to fill out an I-129F ($340) plus pay a $350 processing fee. You would have to marry her quickly when she enters the U.S.and then pay another fee of $1070 for the I-485. From there it can take up to 7 months for an interview that you both would have to attend so that she can get her green card.
The other way is to marry her first and to apply for the K-3 spouse visa. That also takes about 6 to 9 monts to process. Once again, the I-129F will cost $340 and you'll also have to pay $420 for the I-130, and another $350 to get the visa processed. As with the fiancé visa once she enters the US he would have to file the I-485 and await her marriage interview.
Here's a link where the government explains all this:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/family/fiance.html