Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I got arrested by a bail bondsman in my home I had on a see

Customer Question

I got arrested by a bail bondsman in my home I had on a see through night gown. And I told him I wanted wearing under clothes. I asked him if my daughter could get me something to put on before I left he said yes but when she bright the clothing down stairs he refused to let me get dressed Iwas ttotally embarrassed. I was around thousands of men with a see through nighty butt naked ubder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was this OK or not I wasn't arrested by a cop I missed a court date and he came for me which was OK but with no real shoes on and a see through gown with two men no females
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, bondsmen are not legally under the same rules and laws as police. So I am afraid, that them taking you to jail as they found you is not illegal or something you could even sue them for. If the police believed something was wrong when the bondsmen brought you into the jail, then they could have given you clothing to put on.
I am afraid though that these bondsmen are highly unregulated as to how they perform their jobs and as such there is nobody to complain to about them and legally they owed you no right or duty to allow you to get dressed. Most of these guys are former criminals themselves and have no real personality or ethics.