socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a unsigned contract with centurylink phone and internet

Customer Question

I have a unsigned contract with centurylink phone and internet service . my contract ends june 25 2017 do i have to honer that contract if i want to cancel my services . i never signed a contract they (century link ) never produced a contract to be signed , they just say because we pay the bill that it becomes contract.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, There is more than one type of signature. In court, the issue is whether or not the merchant can prove that you agreed to terms and conditions that would require you to maintain a multiyear contract. You are entitled, as a matter of law, to the protection of Utah Code 25-5-4(1)(A), which requires that any contract which cannot be performed in one year, must be in writing. So, the merchant must prove that you agreed to the contract in writing, which generally means that there is some provable record of your signature. On balance, based on what you have provided here, I would say that you can terminate the contract whenever you choose, as long as you have paid for the services that you have used. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!