Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was just in court about a insurance problem. It was handed

Customer Question

I was just in court about a insurance problem. It was handed over to a collection agency for $164 dollars of a $1000000 procedure. The company did not send it to my secondary insurance and was not paid the $164 balance. I thought I had al, the right documents but not only did he side with the 3rd party lawyer but he made me pay him, on the spot, for the fee plus attn fees plus ciourt costs. It was close to $1000. I do not understan how this can happen and how the Judge could make me pay a 3rd party that is not the state of illinois, on the spot. I would appreciate your answer. Thanks, Bob
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Was this in small claims court against you? Small claims court has a bit of a different procedure than in regular courts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it was a lawyer from a collection agency. It was not your typical Small Claims court where it is one lay person vs another lay person.
Thank you for your reply.
So it was an arbitration/mediation case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, forget it. Thanks
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid if you cannot properly verbalize and describe what you went through, it is pretty impossible for anyone to help you (especially since we know nothing about your situation aside from what you tell us). If you cannot communicate clearly with us, it could lead to mistakes in the information we provide you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lawyers
We wish you the best. I am sorry that this type of format is not the best suited for assisting you with your situation. Good luck.