Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

IN-LAWS DIDN'T ALLOW WIFE OF HOSPITALIZATION OF 3 WEEKS , INVOLVEMENT

Customer Question

iN-LAWS DIDN'T ALLOW WIFE OF HOSPITALIZATION OF 3 WEEKS , INVOLVEMENT OF FUNERAL OF MY HUSBAND OF 30 YRS. HE HAD DEMENTA WHICH LASTED 12 YRS. FIVE OF WHICH WE LIVED APART DUE TO MY FRIGHT OF HIM YET WE WERE ON GOOD TERMS THROUGHOUT. OF ALL THE HELP I SEARCHED FOR, "WE" GOT NONE. iN-LAWS NEVER TOLD ME HE HAD FALLEN WAS IN A HOSPITAL THREE WEEKS UNTIL HIS DEATH MAY 15,2015. HAD THE HOSPITAL BY-MY NAME/CONNECT AS MARRIED TO EACH OTHER (30 YRS & 11 DAYS) TO RELEASE THE BODY TO LYNCH-CANTILLON FUNERAL HOME, WOBURN, MASS., I MAY NEVER HAVE KNOWN THE LOSS OF MY SPOUSE. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. THANK YOU 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us? If you were the surviving spouse, you have the right to make all decisions about the body and if the sisters in law prevented that and caused this severe emotional trauma, they can be sued for fraud and their conduct in this matter.