CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I was the Plaintiff in a Court hearing requesting the judge

Customer Question

I was the Plaintiff in a Court hearing requesting the judge appoint a Receivership on a property I own with a partner.
The Receivership was denied and the judge set a conference date for all parties.
If I wish to drop the expensive litigation and let nature take its course, does the defendant have to consent?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
After the defendant has answered, the defendant will have to consent to the dismissal. Most defendants will, but you do have to get their consent.Be careful, obviously I do not have all of the information on your case (and cannot give you specific advice on how to handle your matter, only a local attorney can), but if you have reached a point where you can no longer deal with your co-owner with this property, it may be necessary to go through litigation in order to resolve this - a receivership may not work, but there is such a thing as a "partition action" that may be possible in your litigation to help you dissolve the partnership and dissolve your property ownership.