Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Ive drafted motion through litigation. I've

Customer Question

Ive drafted motion for harassment through litigation. I've made over 20 court appearances with former tenant that I had ejected from premise . His charges and claim have all been dismissed but he continues to file going on over 18 mos . I plan to file motion next time he files. Question; what is best way to present this information? Eg; motion, answer, complaint... Etc
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
If you want to bring your own suit against him, you can wait for him to file and then file a counter claim. You could file it as a separate case, but it is more efficient to just file a counter claim the next time he sues you. Also, you can simply file a motion asking the court to hold him in contempt of court, which can include many penalties, such as a fine, jail time, or even a prohibition on filing new suits without court permission.
I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you ... So the motion should be for contempt not harassment through litigation?
You could do either...or both. It's really up to you and what you want to get out of this, or, perhaps more accurately, what you are willing to put into it.
I hope that answers your question. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.