LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My daughters school lost her on a school field trip earlier

Customer Question

My daughters school lost her on a school field trip earlier in the year she came back with another class thankfully. Last Thursday a teacher threw her backpack across the cafeteria floor and destroyed a couple of things inside. My daughter had a nightmare about it over the weekend and is now uneasy with her teachers. Do I have a case or just report them to the superintendent?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The teacher could be responsible for the damages caused to her belongings, if she had no basis to throw the backpack. Moreover, this type of behavior in the school system, is most likely not allowed and in violation of the rules. if these items were broken, you may want to speak with the teacher privately and inform them of the same and ask to be compensated, so they can be replaced. If they refuse, then you can report this to the principle and see if any action is taken. Moreover, it can be escalated to the school board and the superintendent. There should have been a protocol in place for students to be accounted for on the field trip and the teacher should not have done this in the cafeteria. The teacher could certainly be subject to discipline and if this is the same one who left her on the field trip, there are two instances of misconduct, which need to be looked into.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!