LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I received a minute settlement in a AMS class action (didn't

Customer Question

I received a minute settlement in a AMS class action (didn't know better). Now, I begun suffering with prolapse, pain and bleeding. Can I re-sue?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. The ability to go back and sue them or receive additional compensation, will depend on the language contained within the settlement agreement. The reason why I say this is because there could be language which required you to give up your right to sue and bring a cause of action down the road, if something else was discovered or resulted from this, by accepting the money offered. In addition, there could be language contained within that may allow you to recover additional money, if something happened within a certain time frame, that was a result of this. When you entered into and signed the settlement agreement, there was a presumption that you read and agreed to it and knew what rights we being given up. With that being said, your remedies and chance of going back after them will depend upon the language contained within and the rights you gave up, if any and if you can show, if needed that you were tricked or forced into settling and did not know what you were doing.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.