Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I WORKED IN OXNARD CA CONST NEVER GOT PAID . HE HIRED

Customer Question

I WORKED IN OXNARD CA FOR AMC CONST NEVER GOT PAID . HE HIRED A FOREMAN TO MAN THE JOB WHOM ALSO DID NOT GET PAID I WORKED THE JOB DEC 21/2015 THRU JAN 20 /2015 DO I HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you were an employee and did not get paid, you need to file a wage claim with CA EDD and you need to inform them that the company is in violation of the Wage Act for failure to pay wages. You are entitled to your wages, plus a penalty of 30 days wages for the delay. You can file a complaint at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm
If EDD will not handle this, then you can file a suit against the employer in small claims court without an attorney.
If you can prove you worked the hours you were not paid for, then yes, you have two legs to stand on and have a good claim.