How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10237
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Unfair arbitration decision how can I find someone to hear

Customer Question

unfair arbitration decision how can I find someone to hear my side of the story and get justice for me?Do I have a chance to go after my union rep who did not represent me the way he should have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
It really depends. If your arbitration was "binding" (meaning the arbitrator's decision is final) there is a very, very, small opportunity to petition the court to rehear the matter based on extreme bias by the arbitrator - you are appealing the process, not the decision. If your arbitration is "non-binding" you have a right to petition the court to hear your matter "de novo" (the court hears the matter on its merits and the arbitrator's decision is not binding on the court).Regarding the issue with your union rep - and for evaluation of an appeal of the arbitrator's decision - I really would recommend working with a local employment law attorney - trying to help you "ballpark" a case based on a "Q&A" forum is almost impossible as it requires a review of your case file and determination of whether or not the union's representation falls below the standard of care (which requires expert testimony).Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).