Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Toyota of Charlotte N. C. Cheated me out of $6,000.00

Customer Question

***** ***** Toyota of Charlotte N. C.
Cheated me out of $6,000.00 on the purchase of a 2014 Camry. Getting no satisfaction after a year of complaining to various government agencies I filed suit against Akio Toyoda, president of Toyota in Japan. He hired some hot shot lawyer who is now trying to dismiss the suit. He first claimed improper service due to The Hague Treaty. Now he claims that the U. S. Has no jurisdiction . Never once in his pleadings to does he address my claim that ***** ***** cheated me under color of office of Akio Toyoda and therefore Akio Toyoda can be held liable. Where can I find American law pertaining to this. How do I convince the judge not to throw the suit out and let a jury decide?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
American law pertaining to what exactly?
Also, likely the reason they haven't addressed the other issues in the case is that it is "traditional" to just address jurisdiction and other procedural issues before doing anything about substantive issues and that way you don't incur the time and expense if it is not necessary.