Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Have you seen the promos 6:00

Customer Question

Have you seen the promos for the 6:00 news tonight on channel 2? I have started a petition against whomever because of the outrageous sewage bills they are putting upon us! It is destroying the whole town. I had Andy Sheehan out here within a week and his interview is going to be aired tonight! We, the people of Clairton, we have OVER a 1,000
signatures within a week and a half time!!!! And it's growing!!! The support and the networking going on in this city is awesome! We need help!!! Our rights are being violated!!!! The city took all our rights away to be able to vote on what happens in this city! Can somebody please help us???!!! This town is dying!!!!! Thank you, ***** ***** ......XXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello Claudia
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
What city and state?
I have not seen any promos - but I will try to find them and view.
Please tell me what is going on?
Please tell me what information do you need in this regard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Samuel, I just typed all that out and it said it was duplicate. I am in Pittsburgh, PA. A suburb of Pittsburgh called Clairton, PA. It's a mess. The EPA comes before city council states that the sewage lines must be up to code or city will get fined. The council will admit, when they collected the sewage bills from everybody in Clairton/Wilson 30 years ago, they didn't do what they were suppose to with the money collected. NOW THAT'S OUR FAULT???? What did the city DO WITH THAT MONEY???!!! So, they sell the sewage plant, no votes from the taxpayers were taken because Council implemented a Homeowners Charter...which took away our rights to vote on things such as this!!! So the city of Clairton will say, we sold the plant it's their problem! But, they are receiving money from the sale of the plant (so much a year, etc) Clairton is made up of hardworking retired people and very few young. They are going without meds because if you don't pay this outrageous sewage bill (this is monthly) if you go 2 months past due they are turning peoples water off...I'm running out of time I have to submit this now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have started a petition, I have gotten local news coverage which will air tonight at 6:00 on channel 2. I have over a 1,000 names on this and it's growing. We can't get anyone to help us!!!! This is going to wipe this town off the map!!! Please help me so I can help save this city and the taxpayers!!! PLEASE!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you will have to call to get more information...it is just too much for me to type
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there....how and where do I get my answer or told what to do???
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thank you and I am sorry to hear of this matter.
And there are no lawyers in the city who think this outrageous? Just wondering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well you are the first person I've really talked to because I need guidance. Somebody told me since the City, Senators, 2 years ago a petition was done....and Sam they did their homework....the questioned the grant money the council has gotten....they didn't do what the grant money was given for and the fudged the numbers of how many people in Clairton. So, it was mentioned contact the ACLU and this popped up. We need help sir, people are losing their homes only to have members of city council pick up at a cost of $2,000 or less (some $1). The people had proof, sent to District Attorney and Attorney General and have been told there are no statues on when or how soon they have to address what was submitted!!!!
Sam I have a whole town supporting my efforts expecting me to help and save this town......I need guidance!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
People of Clairton want to take this before a FEDERAL COURT and sue this city....we don't have the money to get legal help though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically you ask anyone....they say the same....we are being RAPED! Nobody CARES!!! Sam please tell me what to do
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It appears you are doing really good with rallying the troops. But this is going to need to be in the courts. And you will need a local attorney to help you. You will need to file for an Injunction to stop the collection of the taxes, until a full independent has been done or the reports from the Senators be used to support a claim that no fees be imposed because of misappropriation and misuse of tax payers money.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
And so you need to see if there is a local attorney in the crowd who will work on a contingency basis because there is no money to pay an attorney I suggest that because the matter is being brought against the City, that in the end your attorney would be able to seek his fees in this matter - should there be a victory. But this is going to take time in the long run. Though you can get an injunction in the immediate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh my!!! Sam I can kiss you!!! Can you recommend anybody here in Pittsburgh?? We need a good one, but I can't afford to pay a lawyer. How do we get a lawyer to take this on????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember Local Senator not returning my calls
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Why isn't the Senator returning your calls? Do you have Delegates, too, who represent you in the General Assembly. Call them. Let me get you information on how to contact a legal referral service.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Try this. I suggest finding someone to do a contingency is going to be tough. But keep looking. or call us today at(###) ###-#### ***** you tell them you need to seek an emergency injunction against the City and that you need a referral for an attorney who practices civil government litigation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sam, please try to follow this case because the people of this town are looking me as some kind of GOD! But, I'm not in it for that...this has been my mom and aunt's home all their lives like most people here!!! When this case busts wide open.....I will be sure to say.....I had my own little "deep throat" to SAVE this town!!!! God bless you!!!! Will I have to pay extra for referral?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello It does not appear you need to pay for a referral though some states do charge. But you can also seek an online referral at this link Also try the University of Pitt - they have law clinics where 3rd years work under supervision. They used to have a tax payers law clinic. See if they can help you(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GOD BLESS YOU and I thank you from the bottom of every single person here in this city!!! Please, follow this story because it's because of you this city is saved. They don't think we are smart enough ....or smart enough to seek out the people to guide us as to where we need to go!! Sam, you are awesome!
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I wish there was more I could do. I will be looking for the news in this matter. It appears to be Government Robbery once again. Thanking you in advance for a Positive Rating. Good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
printing don't want to loose!
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I don't know how printing works. If you have a problem use the Contact Us button below and someone will help you.