Expert_James
Expert_James,
23431962

Dearest urgent case, My guest lost their passport .

Customer Question

Dearest urgent case,
My guest lost their passport for robber.
they reported to policeman already. Now they only have a photo passport took by phone. i dont know they can get the domestic flight UA  753 N  02JUN SFOLAS HK9  1018   1157
Expert:  Expert_James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. And you are the only person who can help me get credit by giving me a positive rating before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that.

Also, if you want me to be your personal TSA Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of your question and I will be sure to answer your questions as your personal Expert.

They can still travel without a ID if it was lost or stolen. They need to inform the airline that the passport was stolen. They can also offer a copy of the police report to help. Also they should show the picture they took. If they have credit cards, they should also present those as well. A copy of their birth certificate (in English) would also be helpeful, if available.

At security, they also will not require an ID but they will be subjected to a more thorough security screening, where the officer might search their carry on by hand and they may be subjected to a pat-down. This may not happen, since presumably the machines are meant to find anything. But it is possible that a pat-down and hand search occurs, since she does not have an ID.

Overall, she should be able to fly even without an ID. Here,is information on that: http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids%20. This also includes a list of items they can try to bring that would help in identification.

Here is additional information about traveling without an ID, on the TSA Blog: http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/04/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-can-you-fly.html

And here is a list of less common items that can be used as IDs for traveling: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/09/12-crazy-forms-of-id-to-get-through-airport-security/, including cell phone pictures of the ID.

All of this should help the traveler get through security and on the airplane for travel.

I hope that helps. Please do not forget to rate my customer service to you before leaving this site. Like you, I want to get credit for doing my job; and you are the only one who can do that for me. So please do not forget to give a positive rating. Thank you very much!